Re: last step for saving

On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Alan Woo wrote:

> missing my other partitions, so i'm left with only one gig. i have a few
> questions. if you have time, could you please answer them in a detailed
> step by step format?

> 1: How do i repartition it so i have 2 gigs for windows, and 1 for
> linux?
Which other partitions are you missing?  It might be helpful if at this
time you did (as the root user) "fdisk -l > partitions" to produce a
table of your partition info and sent us the content of the file
"partitions".

> 2: How do i set up xserver? Mine doesn't work right now, every time i
Have you identified the correct server for your card?  Once you've done
that,  it should be mainly a matter of running "dpkg -i " on the right
.deb files and then running xf86config.

You will need some specific information on your monitor.  If you've got a
Super-VGA capable monitor,  I recommend using the default svga timings in
the file created byxf86config until you've figured out which others your
monitor can handle,  lest you fry it.

> startx, i get an error message
What does the message say?  I'm sorry if you've already posted this.

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|            Float away here with me an evening just wait and see,       |
|          But tomorrow go back to your man -- I'm back to my world      |
|                       And we're back to being friends.                 |
|                Wait and see me,  Tonight let's do this thing.          |
|      All we are is wasting hours; until the sun comes up it's all ours |
|                               On our way here                          |
|                       Tomorrow back to being friends.                  |
|                              - Dave Matthews                           |