Re: installing xlib6g (libc6)

I've had that problem quite a bit, where things require lib6g, or
standard lib6.. and I've had the other installed. (Depends which system
I'm on).

Anyways... I have found you can force the install... and in every case
to date.. its worked fine. Try this...

dpkg --force-depends -i package.deb

So far.. I have been able to install all packages that require the
reciprical of what I have .. and I have yet to come across a problem.
Some die-hards will say this insn't all to clean, but as I have stated..
it works fine on about 4 different machines I've done it on.

Paolo M. Pumilia wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have made several attempts to install xlib6-dev_3.3-4.deb,
> yet i did not succed.
> dpkg complains:
> > . . .
> > dpkg: regarding xlib6g_3.3.1-2.deb containing xlib6g:
> >  xlib6g conflicts with xlib6 (<< 3.3-5)
> >   xlib6 (version 3.3-4) is installed.
> > dpkg: error processing xlib6g_3.3.1-2.deb (--install):
> >  conflicting packages - not installing xlib6g
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  xlib6g_3.3.1-2.deb
>
> In fact  xlib6  and  xlib6-dev are installed, but version 3.3-4 seems
> to be the latest available one; it should not be considerd 'much less'
> than 3.3-5.
> In any case, where xlib6_3.3-5  and  xlib6-dev_3.3-5  can be found?
>
> thank you
>
> Paolo Pumilia
>
> --

Dana M. Epp

Director
NetMaster Networking Solutions, Inc.
eppdm@netmaster.ca
http://www.netmaster.ca

" Connecting networks to the Internet..."