FTP install

hi there,

I really need to upgrade my GIMP 0.54 to the 0.99 version ..
unfortunatly it needs libc6 so I though I could go for the complete
Hamm instead but ... I'm hitting a wall! :-(

 I just subscribed this list just to ask this
question: Can HAMM be installed through FTP?

I've been trying to install it with dselect through FTP and I have
this problem. If I select hamm or unstable from the /debian
directory, dselect can't find packages.gz. Now if I try from
/debian/dists/unstable .. deselect finds the packages but later on
tries can't get the .deb ... argh ...
The FTP install works fine with Bo though!!

I love my debian .. I don't want to have to switch to Red Hat :-)
please help ... thanks!!

| Dominique Jacquel     http://www.mech.ed.ac.uk/~dom |
| Ph.D. student         mailto:D.Jacquel@ed.ac.uk     |
| Manufacturing Planning Group                        |
| Department of Mechanical Engineering                |
| Mayfield Road                                       |
| Edinburgh EH9 3JL            tel: (44).131.650.8696 |
| SCOTLAND                     fax: (44).131.667.3677 |