Re: Can anyone please post the Debian specific published manual.

On Wed, 11 Dec 1996 17:35:10 +0300, cs51wcs wrote:
> Hello,
> I currently only have e-mail access and am unavailable to download it. Any as
> sistance would be appreciated.
> Thanks

It's too big to post to the list (365KB), and it's written in html, and
redistribution requires permission by the publisher, Linux Press--it's
available in a printed form (256 pages) with the Debian cdrom set, a
custom debian cdrom, and 30 days email tech support for $37.95. I'd
call it an installation and configuration guide.

Can you have someone mail it to you as an attachment, then save it? I
tried saving it as text to see if that would reduce the size much, but
it's still 305KB.  If you'd like, I'll send it to you, let me know if
you want html or text.  I got a "non-delivery to all recipients" reply
on my last Cc: to you, so if you didn't get a Cc: from me on this,
you'll have to tell me how to get through.

Some good news for you: I found that program that allows you to receive
ftp service via e-mail, it's called ftpmail. The way you use it is
described by sending an email to ftpmail@sunsite.unc.edu with the word
"help" in the body of the message.  ftpmail will allow you to receive
all file types, even binary files (uuencoded), and you can find the
files you want to retrieve by requesting the output of ls in an
ftpsite. Presumably there are examples in the help file, I haven't
received a reply yet.  I used to know someone who said this was a
pretty good program, for those without an isp.

--
David Stern

StarOffice 4.0 for Linux Beta Install Guide
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~kotsya/