default file mask/ftp (was: CGI error)

I thank all those individuals who helped me with my CGI problem.

I finally figured out the problem with suEXEC giving internal server
errors with CGI scripts.  Apparently the directory was mode 0775 instead
of 0755 ... suEXEC checks to make sure the directory is only writable by
the user.  Currently the default creation mode has group-write which is a
problem.

Where can I change the default modes for creating/uploading files and
directories for wu-ftp/etc? -- for user directories, etc; not the
anonymous upload directory.

I'm using wu-ftpd-academ 2.4.2.13-0.

Thanks
Paul