Re: umsdos

On Tue, Dec 09, 1997 at 01:27:20PM -0600, Jason Ish wrote:
> I have to install Linux onto a umsdos file system on one of my computers,
> even though I know it isn't a suggested practice.
>
> What steps should I take to install a fresh debian system onto umsdos.  I
> have a up and running Debian system to make a new kernel and what not.

First, you have to roll a kernel with umsdos compiled in.  I don't remember
how exactly Slack does it, but the idea is to have root in a umsdos dir and
to use swapfile on dos fs.  Details should be in UMSDOS-HOWTO I guess.

You'll also want to go through /etc/init.d/scripts and hunt down calls to
e2fsck etc.

--
Dimitri
if replying to a Usenet posting,