Re: Debian/WindowsNT partitioning

If you can boot a DOS session, you might want to try doing a fdisk/mbr on
that drive.  Not being sure just exactly what you are trying to do though,
realize that issuing the above command _will_ wipe out everything on the
drive.  If you do run the command, it would be a pretty good idea to take
a look at your CMOS settings.  Besides all of the other stuff recommended
for Linux operation (like no shadow ROM, no BIOS virus checking, no BIOS
APS, etc.), be sure that the BIOS is set to handle the size of that drive
(ie:  LBA or its equivalent should be enabled).

best,
-bill
      bleach@BellSouth.net  b.leach@Worldnet.att.net
           b.leach@usa.net  LinuxPC@Hotmail.com
    -->Please note wrl@bellsouth.net does not work<--
     -->nor does <anyone>@<anyhost>.wconsult.com<--
==>and yes eventually I'll get the mailer figured out<==
from a 1996 Micro$loth ad campaign:
"The less you know about computers the more you want Micro$oft!"
         See!  They do get some things right!