Re: How are .Xdefaults files handled under Debian?

Steve Witt wrote:
> If I may be permitted a quick retraction, 'xterm' works as the class name
> also.
>
> xterm*scrollBar:	on
>
> is a valid .Xresources line (I checked it).
>
> Perhaps 'xterm' isn't valid under SunOS (which I use mostly at work).
> Sorry about the mis-information.

XTerm* is the class-level resource (Note the double cap - the only X Class
that has them).

xterm* is the executeable-level resource.  Rename /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
to something else & those resources should no longer have any effect.
(This to, is in your excellent list of man-pages :))

Stephen
---
"Normality is a statistical illusion." -- me