Re: crypting a whole filesystem or directory?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: crypting a whole filesystem or directory?
- From: John Kuhn <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 12:46:26 -0500 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.SGI.3.96.971204124304.28970B-100000@penguin>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Kevin Traas wrote:
> >> Is there a way to crypt a whole e2-filesystem or at least a whole
> >> directories? Or is there any other way to overcome this?
> >Yes there is. Whether or not Debian has a package for this yet I do not
> >know, however here is an address that should answer some questions:
> There's also: http://edu-gw.dia.unisa.it/tcfs/ The Transparent
> CryptoGraphic File System....
> Kevin Traas
For a kernel level encryption system check out:
It looks like this is no longer supported by the authors since
the patches are for linux-2.0.11. I have created a set of
patches for 2.0.27 - 2.0.32. I did some testing for 27-30
but I have not even compiled 2.0.31 or 2.0.32. At the moment
I am having some reliability problems with my motherboard
and I don't want to mess with encrypted filesystems until
I resolve my hardware problems.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .