Re: SCSI Errors and Resetting

"William D. Rendahl" <bill_r@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> First off: _very_ cool list!  Lurking here has been exceedingly helpful.
>
> We're running Debian 1.3.1 (bo, kernel 2.0.30) on an Intel "Premier
> PCI II" motherboard, with a 90MHz Penti, 32MB, BusLogic BT-948, and
> Quantum Fireball Drive.  Several times a day we get messages on the
> console describing a SCSI error, the system is momentarily frozen,
> and then everything is fine . . .

I recently had this identical problem with the same BusLogic
controller, and eventually tracked it down to incorrect SCSI
termination (a new drive was inserted in the middle of the SCSI chain
but the clown^H^H^H^H^Hinstaller left the termination on).  Errors and
freezes occured only when the system tried to access devices beyond
the termination.  Check and make sure only the *last* SCSI drive is
terminated and see if this helps.

--Norris

--
Norris Preyer			(541) 962-3310 (office)