installing on a new disk from a running system

Hi,

  I just got a new disk and mainboard (yay!) but I have to do some work
tonight. So I just put my old disk in the new system and booted, and
things are working great (and a whole lot faster - 386-16 to K6).

However, I'd love to have a fresh new install to my new disk going on as I
work. Can I do this? Or is it necessary to dedicate my computer to the
install process? The new disk is totally blank, except that I just
partitioned it. I don't want to copy the old system, I want a new
installation.

Thanks,
 Havoc Pennington