Kicking the dead sed horse

I tried a couple of the mentioned solutions for removing the hyphenated
words from a file and they didn't work for me.  Here's my solution:

file sedtest:
This is line one.
This is another long-
er line with a hyphen.
Another.
One more hyphen-
ated word.

the sed script (ssc):
/-$/	{
	  s/-\n//
	}

Not the most original test, I know but...

sed -f ssc sedtest

produces the following output:
This is line one.
This is another longer line with a hyphen.
Another.
One more hyphenated word.

The trick is to add another line to the pattern space, then do the
substitution on the - and the newline.

This doesn't address the tab issue, but I thought somebody might find it
interesting.

Dale