Re: has anyone seen my old friend lndir (sp?) ?

In linux.debian.user Frisco Rose <rosef@eou.edu> wrote:
>   Just A thought, but have you tried ln -R? I dont know that it will give
> you actuall directories but I know that it will give you sym links all
> the way down (up?) a tree.

Where'd you get an ln that knows -R?  The man page (or ln --help)
lists an amazing collection of obscure options, but no -R.

However, I found lndir by grepping through the Slackware lists: it
seems to have come as part of XFree, and I've extracted the executable
and man page from that source - one thing about plain ol' compressed
tar files, you can get at them without learning weird new commands -
and it seems happy in its new setting.  Building the directory
backbone automagically is a real plus for what I wanted this for.  ;-)