Re: dpkg error :-(

On Sun, Nov 30, 1997 at 12:14:45AM +0100, Vaclav Hula spewed forth:

> At home, when I tried to install some non-official package, I got this error:
>
> gzip: stdout: Broken pipe
> dpkg-deb: subprocess gzip -dc returned error exit status 1
> dpkg: error processing /root/L3263TMP.deb (--install):
>  subprocess dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
>  /root/L3263TMP.deb
>
> When I tried to install this in my work, it worked well.
> Can anyone help?

I've gotten this trying to install truncated or otherwise corrupted
packages.

PeeWee

--
"Learn to knit for all I care, but find something rhythmical to do before bed"
-Amanda Robinson -- personal: peewee@scc.mi.org  http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/