diald & cached webpages

--------
Hi,

I'm trying to cut down my online time and would like to use diald,
however everytime I wish to follow a link in my browser (netscape) to a
webpage that is cached, diald fires up a ppp link.  I prefer to only
reload webpages manually, so I setup netscape to never reload webpages
automatically.  If diald weren't running, the pages would load
instantly, but instead I have to wait for the ppp link to come up and
then for a response, assuming the line is not busy or inoperative..

So I want to use diald, but I cannot allow diald to fire up a ppp
connection when the page is already sitting on my hard drive.   I'm not
sure if this is a browser setting, a diald setting, or if I need some
kind of caching software, but I don't see any information like this
anywhere, maybe because I don't know what I'm looking for. :-)

Would somebody please steer me in the right direction?

David Stern