Re: how do I kill samba?

> how do I kill samba when it is loaded from inetd? .. smbd doesn't even
> appear on ps -aux unless a service is being used.

If there are no processes running then samba isn't running.  If you would
like to stop it from running on demand then you need to comment the line
containing smbd and nmbd from /etc/inetd.conf and restart (or send a SIG
HUP) to inetd.

Adam.

 4050 Lake Otis		    Adam  Shand        (v) +1 907 562 4638
 Anchorage, Alaska     Systems Administrator   (f) +1 907 562 1677
----------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz -------------------