Re: A few questions

On Fri, Nov 28, 1997 at 03:22:50AM -0600, Cheng Tang wrote:
> 1. I have upgrade from libc5 to libc6 (in hamm/unstable).
> There are similar error messages when using dselect to
> install packages. (I have slang0.99.38 installed.)
>
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libc5-compat/libslang.so.0 (No such
> file or directory), skipping

This is a leftover from slang0.99.34 (i.e. S-lang for libc5); you can safely
remove this dangling link.

> 2. What is elf-x11r6lib? I can not find it, either on package list or
> search in debian homepage.

It used to be a virtual package provided by xlib6; if a package in
"unstable" still depends on it, that's a bug (probably already reported).

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go