Re: fdisk is it available anywhere else?

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Orn E. Hansen wrote:

> Udjat the BitMeister... writes:
>  > On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, butch wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > try cfdisk, I believe its also available on the debian disks.
>  >

>   There appears to be a problem with cfdisk... when it writes the
> partition information, it isn't 'sufficiently' done.

I thought the problem was with DOS and was documented in "man cfdisk"
where it tells you (with warnings) to zero out the first 512 bytes
of the partition after making any change to it.

--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
U.K.  email: d.wright@open.ac.uk  tel: +44 1908 653 739  fax: +44 1908 655 151