Re: crypting a whole filesystem or directory?

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Kevin Traas wrote:

> Short of encrypting the filesystem itself, I have yet to find a way to
> secure things under Linux....  But if anyone has any ideas, I'd be *more*
> than glad to hear them....
>
> Later,
> Kevin Traas

What about mounting only some directories (/home with the users' data,
and /etc with password and other files) as cfs volumes? I think
that there is no need for keeping programs' binaries on the encrypted
volume (what increases the access time, and CPU usage...).

 					Wojtek Zabolotny
					wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl