Re: Switching keyboards under X

Louis-David Mitterrand writes:

 > Oh, I don't type the lines litteraly, they are bound to <F2> and <F3>
 > respectively in my shell. It is xmodmap itself that I find slow (2 full
 > seconds ;-)

  You mean you are looking for an MS-DOS function like, where you can
press CTRL-F1 to switch between keyboard tables ("C" vs. locale).

  The difference between the two, are that on a PC this is coded into
keyboard code, which already has both tables loaded.  While on Unix,
you'll have to explicidly load the table into X.

  But, it wouldn't be a bad idea though...