Re: [SOLVED] Annoying boot-up messages

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Pann McCuaig wrote:
>
> > Bingo! I had added a custom keymap. Added the appropriate lines to
> > "boot.dpkg-new", mv'ed it to "boot", rebooted, and Voila!  Thanks much.
> >
> FYI, normaly you only have to change /etc/kbd/default.map. No need to
> change /etc/init.d/boot.
>
> Ciao,
> 	Martin

Ahhh, but I'm a relative newbie to Linux and to bash, so I let
/etc/init.d/boot load the default keymap first, and then my custom keymap
so if I screwed up the change to the script at least I'd have a usable
keymap loaded. This seemed safer to me than backing up
/etc/kbd/default.map and then booting with my customized version. But I've
since learned about using rescue disks, etc., and so I'll probably change
the way I'm doing things.  Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
 Pann