Re: simple questions

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Christopher Jason Morrone wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Britton wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Dana M. Epp wrote:
> > In my experience this works, but not nicely.  You have to install Win95
> > first, and when it gets itselft all screwed up you can't reinstall it
> > without scrapping your master boot record again, which I'm sure is a real
> > pain if not a castrophe.  I've also found (though it probably should have
> > been obvious) that letting Win95 automagically reboot whill mess up your
> > MBR to where you have to go in with a rescue disk.  When it asks you if
>
> Can you be more specific about your trouble with rebooting Win95?  I do it
> all the time and never have a problem.  LILO works quite well.

The problem is not with LILO but with Win95.  Exactly what the trouble is
I'm not sure, but if I allow Win95 to try to boot itself it will lock up,
if I remember right with a message saying it can't locate somehting and a
prompt like this:

with what purpose I can't remember.  I have my linux partition designated
as the active one (via linux fdisk).  I don't remember if I ever get
prompted by LILO on those Win95 reboots or not, it's been ages since I had
to boot Win95, and I think I will reclaim the 800 megs it's taking on my
disk as soon as I figure out how to conveniently make use of a second
partition of that size.

Britton