Re: ATAPI NEC CDROM Changer

Timothy Phan wrote:
  >  I do not quite know how the ATAPI CDROM work.  I've alread
  >  gotten all the base install.  Now, I need to do the dselect
  >  and mount the cdrom.  However, it seems that the CDROM is
  >  not recognizable the the system.  I did  a manual mount:
  >    $ mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdb1 /cdrom
  >  and it gives me some error:

  >    isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 04:41 iso_blknum 16 block 32
  >    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb1
  >      or too many mounted file system.

Instead of:

$ mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdb1 /cdrom

use:

$ mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/hdb /cdrom

because there is no partition table on CD.

NEC CD Changer is for Linux like normal CD - only one slot at time is
seen. When you want to change visible slot use setcd program (it should
be in Debian distribution) or compile program from kernel sources (look at
file /usr/src/linux/Documentation/cdrom/ide-cd).