Re: bash syntax

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, Witold Grabysz wrote:

 : the following phrase doesn't work in bash:
 : ((ls);(ls))
 : Why? Is it not allowed by the shell syntax or there is a bug in it?
 :
 : It is a little important for me, because it is how the Netscape 4 spawns
 : an external helper:
 : ((gv temp_file.ps);(rm temp_file.ps))
 :
 : In tcsh it works, however I cannot force Netscape to spawn processes in
 : tcsh.

bash-2.00 introduced this 'feature' of not-working indeed. Upgrade to 2.01
and everything will be fine again.

bye,

Remco