Re: Commands Manual

     It sounds like you need an introductory Unix book.

     "The Debian Linux User's Guide" by Dale Scheetz may be downloaded
from http://www.linuxpress.com/, or may be ordered in hard copy from
the same address.  Although heavily oriented towards Debian
installation, there is a summary of the important Unix commands in
Appendix 1, and a brief overview of a couple of text editors in
Appendix 2.

     "Linux Installation and Getting Started Guide" by Matt Welsh
gives a good introduction to Linux.  It can be downloaded from
sunsite.unc.edu, or one of its mirrors, in the directory
/pub/Linux/docs/LDP.

     For more advanced information check out the O'Reilly books at
http://www.ora.com.

     There is a wealth of valuable information already installed on
your system.  Detailed information on specific commands may be found
in the man page for that command (type man <command>).  For more
readable information on specific tasks or commands, check out the
HOW-TOs and READMEs in /usr/doc.

Bob