Re: .xreset equivalent of .xsession?

On 22 Nov 1997, David Z. Maze wrote:

> You can put things after your window manager in .xsession.  These will
> be executed after your window manager exits (user logs out) but before
> the X server resets.

To do that I would need to remove the exec statement which causes fvwm to
take over the process and the script exits at that point. Then the calling
process is left hanging around, but what you place afterwards is executed
on logout. The problem is that I want to kill a daemon called pland. This
works, but check this out:

    USER   PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ   RSS  TT STAT  START   TIME COMMAND
telmerco  6920  1.0  2.5  1504   796  ?  S     10:14   0:00 sh /etc/X11/Xsession
telmerco  6932  0.8  1.9   980   592  ?  S     10:14   0:00 /usr/lib/plan/pland -k

I'd rather just leave the pland running:(

--
Colin Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
School of Policy Studies Building, Room 309, Queen's University