Re: tar, cpio, or cp?

I don't know if this works under Linux, but under Solaris we (egr)
have used dump to do this.  I would try using dump of a filesystem
to another filesystem.  I'm no authority on this... so please
dispute me if I'm crazy.

Thanks,
Dennis
--
dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu>, Systems/Network         |  work: 353.4844
Division of Engineering Computing Services     |  page: 222.5875