Re: Free PageMaker-style program?

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:
> I think I heard that someplace. I also seem to recall hearing that DSSSL
> was Scheme based.
>
> Another important thing to realize is that alot of the generated content
> in some documents like table of contents and so on can actually be handled
> by DSSSL, it can generate new text elements, re-arrange existing elements
> and many other processing needs beyond simple style. A truely usefull
> interactive tool would allow a combination of interactive style editing
> and hand coded DSSSL elements :>

Scary.  If I follow through I will have to learn Scheme, SGML, DSSSL,
brush up my PostScript besides, *and* invent some clever new
algorithms.  Wait, maybe that's not scary--maybe that's just really
cool.  I don't know.  We'll see... :-)
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> <blp@gnu.org> <pfaffben@debian.org>