Re: Free PageMaker-style program?

Thanks for the concise summary of what SGML and DSSSL are and how they
relate to a PageMaker-type tool.

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:
> The thing is, SGML, DSSSL and HyTime are amazingly general.  There is very
> little text processing that they cannot deal with when combined.
> Of course the huge benifit from using standard file formats for your Style
> and Document storage is that you do not tie the user to your program, but
> give them the freedom to use anything which complies to the ISO standards.

There is very little *text* processing they cannot do; but can they
handle graphics competently?

> The only trouble is such a tool would only be able to deal with a very
> specific form of DSSSL data files to enable interactive editing of the
> style data...

Yes, certainly.  Am I correct in thinking that DSSSL is
Turing-complete?
--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@pilot.msu.edu> <blp@gnu.org> <pfaffben@debian.org>