problems with libproc.so

Hi,
  I got the following message while setting up Debian;
"ldconfig: warning:can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libproc.so (no such file or
directory), skipping"
  The file is there and it shows up when I do "ldconfig -v".
  I don't know what is going on here. This is the third time I've installed
Debian. The first install showed the same warning but the second one
didn't. The reason for the third install was something I did (something
dumb, don't ask).
  Anyways, I need some help here. What's goin' on and how do I correct the
problem.
  Thanks,
         clif