Re: How do I refresh a Linux SCSI bus?

> I would like to know if there is a way to refresh the SCSI bus under
> Linux.
>
> I know that on a Win95 box, if you plug an un-powered SCSI device into
> the external SCSI port, power up the device, and refresh the system
> from the Device Manager the system find new SCSI devices. I have done
> this with my JAZ drive many, many times. All of the SCSI cards we use
> are auto terminating, but I have yet to find a way to do this under
> Linux.
>
> I refuse to believe that there is something that a Microslash product
> can do that Linux can't.

Hi.

I myself use the following ugly trick with my SyJet. It works only
because all other filesystems I use are on IDE drive. I have my
SCSI adapter driver compiled as a module which is loaded on startup.
When I want to use the SyJet, I just rmmod and re - insmod this module.
Device is detected.
I am sure there is another way to do it though.

Alex Y.
--
   _
 _( )_