Re: laptop problems

From: zelinsky@us.net (David S. Zelinsky)
> (In reference to an earlier thread: how can anyone complain about a project
> leader who actually answers users' questions?)

Because I'm not perfect by their standards. Sigh.

> So if all the devices seem to work, does that mean I won't have any problem
> with the shadow RAM?  Is there some way to be sure about this?

If it works, the only problem is that you aren't getting the memory you
paid for. That would drive some people _crazy_ :-)

> I guess I'll try deleting it and see what happens!

Do a "dd" of the partition to a file, so that you can restore it. Run
fdisk on Linux and read out its partition type number.

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html