artifacts with diamond 2500

OK, I"ve gotten it working.  Turns out that for some reason it wasn't changing
the default xserver to svga, but leaving it at S3.

But Now I have artifacts.  Lots of them.  ANd many of them scroll in windows.
I've got white ones, blue ones, and black ones.  Forcing the redraw of a
window helps somewhat, but these things are kind extreme--there's thousands of
them.

rick