Re: using dpkg to "see" the contents of a package

Lindsay Allen <allen@cleo.murdoch.edu.au> wrote:

 > IIRC you add this snippet to /etc/mc/mc.ext

 > regex/\.deb$
 >         Open=%cd deb:%d/%p/
 >         View=%view{ascii} dpkg-deb -c %f

  Yes, that works!  Great!  It is really nice to be able to browse
inside the packages on the CD-ROM, especially the /usr/doc parts of
them.

 > Better yet is to get an unofficial later version.

  Why?  My current version works for me - are the later versions so much
better?

  Gertjan.

--
Gertjan Klein <gklein@xs4all.nl>