Re: PAP & PPP, take 3

> Alex Yukhimets wrote:

>how do you configure Internet explore dialer? I understand you type in the
>phone number and what else? DO you specify it needs pap authorization?
>May be your ISP uses chap (hardly probable), not pap?

You also type in username and password. AFAIK it does PAP by default
(you don't specify it anywhere), and text login if you select a script.

Some terminal servers (eg. annexes) can be configured to go into text
login if they receive a CR, or straight into PPP/PAP if they receive
PPP frames.

Rick (?), try editing your chatscript so that its last line is
CONNECT
Also, check if you have "passive" or "silent" option enabled in
/etc/ppp.options_out or /etc/ppp/options, remove (comment out) them
if they are.

That will start pppd and get it to send PPP frames right after your modem
connects.

HTH
--
Dimirti