Re: exit script

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to execute a few commands when I exit X windows session. Can
> someone tell me which script file will be excuted when one finishes the X
> windows session so that I can write my commands on that.

There are two possibilities.  When an xsession on display :0 ends, the
script /etc/X11/xdm/Xreset_0 is run as root.  If you change this, it
will work for everyone whose session ends.  Secondly, if you want to do
things for your account only, you can simply put these commands in your
.xsession file, after the window manager, like in

.xsession:
#!/bin/sh

# commands executed before window manager:

xload -hl red -fg gray70 -update 15 -geometry 120x86+277+5 &
xmem -update 15 -geometry 120x86+411+5 &
xset b 25 5040
xset s 300

# window manager:
fvwm

# commands executed after window manager exited:

$HOME/bin/my_cleanup

Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032