Re: ncurses3.4

	Hi Galen,

	Here is what 'dpkg -l' gives me as an answer:

ii  libc5           5.4.33-7       The Linux C library version 5 (run-time
ii  libc6           2.0.5c-0.1     The GNU C library version 2 (run-time
ii  ldso            1.9.2-3        The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Galen Hazelwood wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:26:07 -0700
> From: Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>
> To: Daniel Doro Ferrante <danieldf@cecm.usp.br>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: ncurses3.4
>
> The only thing that the ncurses3.4 postinst script does is run
> ldconfig.  If your system is so messed up that ldconfig always seg
> faults, then god help you, because I can't.  :)
>
> What versions of ld.so, libc5, and libc6 do you have installed?
>
> --Galen

	After that email, I tried to upgrade 'tetex-bin' but I also got
the same message: seg fault in the pre-inst AND pos-inst scripts !!! I
can't figure out what is happening. I tried to use libc6 and libc5 in
different ways in order to find out if it were the problem - no problem;
besides everything else is working fine - so I think that libc's are not
the problem (but I am not sure yet).

	Daniel.
Daniel Doro Ferrante        email: danieldf@lnx00.cecm.usp.br
				   danieldf@ime.usp.br
System Manager		    http://www.cecm.usp.br/~danieldf

CECM - Curso de Ciencias Moleculares - USP
       Course of Molecular Sciences - University of Sao Paulo