NCR53c8xx, CD-RW

Hi!

	I just bought a NCR53c8xx based card and a CD-RW drive, and it
seems that linux can't recognize the drive.

	When I boot up, I get:
	scsi host: 0 detected total

	And /proc/pci doesn't say anything about the SCSI card.

	I've read in the SCSI howto that linux needs the bios in order to
access this card. The problem is that my mainboard/bios is not detecting
the card (nothing about a PCI scsi). The manual for the card says that you
have to enable the "scsi drive" on the bios, but my bios is 2 years and
doesn't say anything about that. Also, it can't be flash-upgraded.

	Does anyone know a workaround to this problem under linux?

Salutacions, Pere       ----  __o         mailto:pere@casal.upc.es
  2:343/108.91       -----  _`\<;_       http://casal.upc.es/~pere/
PGP key available     ---  (_)/ (_)    "Lo importante es el concepto"