Re: Does lesstif provide libXm.so.1.2 for Netscape?

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:05:47 MST Rick Macdonald (macdonal@cuug.ab.ca)
wrote:

> The release notes for Communicator 4.04 say that Linux plugins only work
> with the dynamically linked version of Motif 1.2.
>
> Does lesstif provide this, and do plugins work?

Lesstif provides *source* compatibility with motif 1.2 (when it will be completed :-), not binary compatibility.
Maybe you should start lobbying netscape to make a lesstif version of communicator, but I doubt it will work ;-)

Phil.