Can't see second hard disk

Hi

Problems installing debian on a Compaq Deskpro on hdb (drive d: in Win95), but hdb is not detected during boot:

   hdb: probing with STATUS instead of ALTSTATUS

then when I want to partition the disk during the installation only hda shows up on the list.

Under Win95 I checked the controller and got
	VIA tech BUS Master PCI IDE
in addition to Primary ide and Secondary ide

Any help will be appreciate

Karsten

Karsten Bolding				E-mail:		kbk@dhi.dk
Danish Hydraulic Institute		Switchboard:	+45 45769555
Marine Impacts Department		Fax:		+45 45762567
Agern Alle 5				Direct:		+45 45179351
DK 2970 Horsholm			WWW:		http://www.dhi.dk/