Re: MTA Suggestion

C'mon guys, leave it alone.  This flamefest is getting us nowhere.

Whether or not maildir or mbox is the way to go, the point is that qmail
cannot be Debian's preferred MTA because Debian does not consider qmail
to be DFSG free.  This renders any fight over whether qmail is better
than other MTA's moot.  As far as Debian is concerned it is a non-free
package and cannot be distributed with the main distribution.  (Although
it will be distributed from the Debian non-free directory by ftp)

This is not my decision, nor necessarily my opinion.  This is just the
way it is according to current Debian policy vis'a'vis the current qmail
license.

Please take the advocacy and religious wars somewhere else.

Thanks,

Behan

--
Behan Webster     mailto:behanw@verisim.com