CD recording question

Hi,

I am looking for a good program to read audio from an audio CD and
store it in a file suitable for later recording.  I am aware of the
cdda2wav program, which will generate WAV files that then need to be
converted back to cdr format by a program like sox.  But surely there
has to be an easier and better way to do it.  Converting to wavs and
back seems rather cumbersome.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John
--
John Goerzen          | Developing for Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for