Re: removing some persistent files

Tommy Lakofski <tommy@88.net> writes:

> after a horrendous crash on my hamm box (cause of which I've yet to
> ascertain), I'm left with some files like this on my disk:
>
> 07/8F:
> total 396246198
> br-sr-S--x   1 26912    25646    111,  99 Mar 12  1995 000018F7

First run fsck -Vf /dev/???, for your HD, from single-user mode with
the disk unmounted.  Unfortunately fsck doesn't seem to clean up these
errors, but you could be lucky.

Now run debugfs and use its "rm" to remove the file.  After exiting,
run fsck again to clean up the mess.

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

	       Neniu anticipas la hispanan Inkvizicion.