Re: Are there any efficient backup programs for Linux?

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, m* wrote:

> stick@richnet.net wrote:
> >

> > > Hallo,
> > >
> > Howdy!
> >
> > > I would like to hear whether there is a successful backup program for
> > > Linux which can compare in efficiency with <edit>
>
> > Yes!  Try BRU (Backup and Restore Utility) from est.  It's not free,
> > but I've been burnt more than once by free backup/restore software.
> > My time, energy and certainly my data are worth the (fair) price for
> > this product.  I've been using it on several different machines for
> > some time now and really like it.
>
> i'll also vouch for BRU. its reliable and they have good support if
> and when it's needed.
>
> i've several critcal restores and walked away smiling.

Same here, bru has also worked great for me over the past few years.
Total restores have worked flawlessly, starting with a formatted hd I have
been able to restore the entire system.  I have not tested the free backup
programs which my friend claims work just as good, but he has not had to
restore his system from tape yet...