Re: diald / ppp routing problems
- To: Debian-User <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: diald / ppp routing problems
- From: Joe Stewart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 12:10:49 -0600 (CST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.971110114843.11059A-100000@bullhead>
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.19971108163535.007b26a0@mail>
Thanks, I feel pretty dumb for not looking at poff. I had a file called
ppp.info that contains my current ( dynamic) ip address.
The suggestion that it is timing problem may be correct. It is able to
connect with either pon or diald, but diald is never successful after
getting my pap password. Using pon is usually successful. When it is not
it has the same symptoms.
After something like "Connect: ppp0 <-->/dev/ttyS1"
I receive in debug mode:
lots of these:
Nov 10 11:58:23 bullhead pppd: rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x7b <asyncmap
Nov 10 11:58:23 bullhead pppd: sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x7b <auth
Nov 10 11:58:28 bullhead pppd: Serial line is looped back
> > pppd looks in /var/run to find out how many ppp's are running.
> That should read: poff looks in ...
> John Hasler
> email@example.com (John Hasler)
> Dancing Horse Hill
> Elmwood, WI
> TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
> firstname.lastname@example.org .
> Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .