Re: a c++ version of efence

> On Sun, Nov 09, 1997 at 08:59:33PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
> > I am looking for something that shows leaks and what not.  efence only
> > works on segfault type situations.
>
> Take a look at
> http://www.cs.colorado.edu/homes/zorn/public_html/MallocDebug.html for a
> list of tools relating to memory management debugging.  Note that it's not
> complete (e.g. it misses "checker" which is debianized).

Hmm, both efence and checker from stable currently have problems with
C++ programs (at least, with _my_ C++ program).  For both packages
there are bug reports.  In the reply to the bug-reports from checker
the maintainer recommends installing a new version.  However, I can
only find a more recent version from checker than 0.8-8 in unstable.
Is there some more recent version from checker available for libc5
development?

Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032