ppp, mgetty, isp, etc. trouble
Can someone help me setup ppp, mgetty and whatever other programs i need
to setup to get a dialup isp working? Here is what I have:
* ppp 2.3.1-6 <not configured>
* mgetty+sendfax 1.1.9-1 <configured for sending/receiving faxes>
* linux kernel 2.0.31 compiled with ppp support
* 1 static ip connected to a cable modem
* ip masquerading running/working
* 1 33.6 supra on /dev/ttyS1
* bind 8.1.1-4 <not configured>
one thing I'm confused about is how is linux going to assign an ip to the
caller and have it go through ip masq?
also, is there *any* documentation on the pap-secrets and chap-secrets
Thanks in advance,
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .