Multiple instances (was Using source code for debian; compiling debian)

Hi Richard;

These were not web BROWSERS he was talking about but web SERVERS.  You can not, in anything even remotely resembling a normal system, use two different web servers.

Now in fact if you REALLY want to do this you can, in that you could configure (and probably recompile) one of the servers so that it does not try to use ANY of the resources of the other.  Of course you would also have to use a non-standard protocol or two different physical net interfaces and would then have to either create two non-interacting network software package (or redesign the existing one), and of course alter the kernel, and ...

Basically, asking for two (or more) packages such as web servers is much like asking to be able to use ext2 and vfat32 on the SAME physical partition and expect it to work.

-bill