Re: mrtg

On Wed, Nov 05, 1997 at 03:11:53PM -0500, Tim Sailer wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> > Tim Sailer wrote:
> > > Has anyone gotten mrtg to work with the aliased eth interfaces? I'm
> > > trying to get mrtg to plot traffic stats on our virtual web server
> > > which has interfaces like eth0:0, eth0:1, etc. It doesn't see
> > > them, just eth0. Am I asking the impossible?
> >
> > The kernel doesn't differentiate betewwn eth0 and eth0:0, etc, in the
> > ifconfig output. I don't think it tracks uasge of the aliased interfaces
> > seperatly, so I doubt you can get the info.
>
> You are right. I was hoping it would be a simple snmpd.conf or MIB change.
> Oh, well.. off on another route then.

The IP accounting appears to correct statistics correctly
for the virtual addresses, that is, the source is set to the
aliased IP address.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.