Re: mrtg

On Wed, Nov 05, 1997 at 03:11:53PM -0500, Tim Sailer wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> > Tim Sailer wrote:
> > > Has anyone gotten mrtg to work with the aliased eth interfaces? I'm
> > > trying to get mrtg to plot traffic stats on our virtual web server
> > > which has interfaces like eth0:0, eth0:1, etc. It doesn't see
> > > them, just eth0. Am I asking the impossible?
> >
> > The kernel doesn't differentiate betewwn eth0 and eth0:0, etc, in the
> > ifconfig output. I don't think it tracks uasge of the aliased interfaces
> > seperatly, so I doubt you can get the info.
> You are right. I was hoping it would be a simple snmpd.conf or MIB change.
> Oh, well.. off on another route then.

The IP accounting appears to correct statistics correctly
for the virtual addresses, that is, the source is set to the
aliased IP address.

Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.
http://hamish.home.ml.org/ (PGP key here)             CPOM: [*****     ] 58%
Your train has been cancelled due to defective government at Spring Street..

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .