Re: Large buffers entry in free

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Joey Hess wrote:

> > Is there a bug somewhere?
>
> Yes. This is fixed in the procps currently in hamm, version
> 1.12.2.1. Are you using a hamm system that hasn't been updated for a
> week or so? I didn't think bo's procps had this problem too..

Oh yes it is!  I have several bo systems that I happily upgraded and all
have this problem.  Fortunately it doesn't break anything other than what
you read, but I'd like it to be fixed....especially when I'm telling
non-linux boffins around here how to see how much memory is used on my
linux servers and this garbage shows up!

Richard Shepherd (richards@waikato.ac.nz)
Phone: 07-838-4764